Accident Benefit Lawyers


If you are a resident of Ontario and have been involved in a car accident, you may be entitled to accident benefits through your insurance policy. Whether it is an “at fault” accident or “no-fault accident” you may pursue a lawsuit for compensation. These benefits can be used in the case where you or a loved one may have lost wages, also can be used for rehabilitation from injuries sustained in the accident, or even to cover medical expenses endured. These types of benefits can be critical for victims that have been involved in an accident, and the experienced accident benefits lawyers at Virk Law can help guide you through this process.

To claim accident benefits you must:

  • Determine which insurance company is responsible to pay you under the Statutory Accident Benefit Schedule. If you have an auto insurance policy, you should apply for benefits to your insurance company. If you do not have car insurance, you should apply for benefits from the insurance company for the driver that struck you or any other vehicle involved in the accident. If there is no insurance available, you may apply for benefits from the “Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund”
  • Notify the insurance company of your claim for accident benefits within 7 days of your accident
  • Complete, sign and return the Application for Accident Benefits within 30 days from the date of receiving it from the insurance company

The Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule provides for the following benefits:

  • Income Replacement Benefits
  • Non-Earner Benefits
  • Medical and Rehabilitation Benefits
  • Attendant Care Benefits
  • Housekeeping and Home Maintenance Benefits
  • Caregiver Benefits
  • Other expenses

When should you seek help with an accident benefit claim?

You should seek assistance immediately after an accident, as the process to receive accident benefits is complex and can take time for a complete resolution. Accident benefits claims require an individual to submit many forms and complete processes mandatory for the claim, some of which are also time-sensitive. Therefore it is important to submit these forms and complete these processes in a timely manner. It will also aid the victim in providing full details of the accident without missing any important information.

Looking for an Accident Benefits Lawyer in Hamilton, Ontario?

If you have suffered any sort of injuries as a result of a motor vehicle accident please contact Virk Personal Injury Law and schedule a consultation with an Accident Benefits Lawyer today!